On-line services of the University of Warsaw
You are not logged in | log in

Support and insurance

Financial support for students

Degree-seeking students may apply for different kinds of financial support or scholarships:

  • students who are in a difficult financial situation may be granted a social scholarship
    • The social scholarship depends on the total income of the student's family
  • disabled students are granted special social scholarships
  • students who achieve excellent results are awarded the so called "scientific scholarships"



Health insurance is mandatory for all students for the entire duration of their stay in Poland.

EU citizens should have health insurance in their home countries. They are eligible for free health service in Poland providing that they present their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

Non-EU citizens can sign an insurance agreement with the Polish Health National Fund (NFZ – Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia) or with one of the private healthcare providers in Poland

Students who have the Card of the Pole (Karta Polaka) or foreigners of Polish descent who have it confirmed by a Consulate are entitled to be insured by the University on the Polish Government cost.

In order to be insured, they have to sign a contract with The National Health Fund and submit a copy of the contract to the Welfare Section of the Office for Student Affairs along with:

  • the application form (printed, filled in and signed),
  • a copy of the Pole’s Card or Certificate of the Polish origin,
  • confirmation of student status (issued by the students office of the faculty)

Facilities for special needs students

Special needs students are advised to contact Office for Persons with Disabilities to get assistance they need.

Disabled students looking for information or help may also contact:

Anna Szymańska, MA - Head of the Office for Persons with Disabilities (Biuro ds. Osób Niepełnosprawnych)
(+48 22) 55 24 222,
Fax: (+48 22) 55 20 124
55 Dobra Street , 00-312 Warsaw
Room 0.070 – ground floor
00-927 Warszawa

Academic representative for students and staff related matters:

If you feel you have noticed a problem that affects the academic community or your functioning in it, you should turn to the Ombudsman for assistance. For more information, please consult the Ombudsman’s webpage.