Contemporary Belarusian literature (after 1980) 3221-S2-0WL12K
The course discusses new ideological and stylistic achievements in post-Soviet Belarusian literature. It is taken into account both the development of genres of literature (limericks, verses, dots, quantems, haiku) as well as formal and stylistic experimentation in the work of young writers associated with the SLB, TWL and Bum-Bam-Lit. During the classes there is discussed the role of the "Tutejshyya" association in initiating a new revival of Belarusian culture and literature and programs of two significant literary organizations: Association of Free Writers and Bum Bam-Lit, their goals and objectives. The work of individual writers and poets of this period is analyzed with taking into account the Belarusian and European traditions and broadly understood cultural contexts.
Type of course
After completing the course, student:
- knows on advanced level the subject and methodology characteristics and the advanced terminology used in literary and language studies.
- knows the main literary and language studies theories and philological researching methods
- defines the main directions of Belarusian studies
- understands the historical process of Belarusian literature
- recognizes authors and particular Belarusian literary works especially including literature after 1980’s.
- understands the characteristics of Belarusian tradition in the field of literature analysis and interpretation methods
- understands the characteristics of Belarusian language or literature related to other languages or cultures
- has basic knowledge about Belarusian culture institutions and modern Belarusian cultural life
- can analyse literary works using various sources and methods and interpret their meaning
- can prepare individual literary or linguistic comparison analyses using appropriate methods and research tools
- can recognize the main Belarusian literature works especially including those created after 1980’s and is able to make their critical analysis
- can evaluate the meaning of particular authors’ work on the world literature history background
- can use advanced literary terms in the process of literature analysis
- can use in the interpretation process the research methods of various theoretical schools
- can use the advanced linguistic terms during the process of language occurrences analysis
- can present the opinions of researchers concerning Belarusian literature and language, form own conclusions and synthetic resumes concerning the development of literature and language
- can recognise the meaning of particular historical events in the context of European achievements for Belarusian literature and language development
- can properly interpret the development of Belarusian national liberation idea and its influence on the organisation of Belarusian social life
3. SOCIAL COMPETENCES:
- correctly identifies and resolves dilemmas of working in the profession
The presence and active participation in class, reading, active participation in the work on presentations, speeches. A short essay (analysis and interpretation of selected work).
Evaluation of the student in the class will be taken into account in the final exam.
1. Akudowicz W, Razburyć Paryż, Miensk 2004.
2. Aleksiejewicz S., Czernobylskaja molitwa. Moskwa 1997.
3. Arkusz A., Wyprabawannie razwojem: artykuły, ese, hutarki, interwiju, Połacak 2000.
4. Arłou U., Orden Biełaj Myszy, Mińsk 2003.
5. Babkou I., Adam Kłakocki i jego cienie. Tłum. M. Buchalik, Warszawa 2008.
6. Baradulin R., Ewanhielle ad Mamy, Mińsk 1995.
7. Biazlepkina A., Razam i paasobku: Tawarystwa "Tutejszyja", Mińsk 2003.
8. Bielski A., Suczasnaja biełaruskaja litaratura. Stanaulennie i razwiccio tworczych indywidualnasciau (80.-90. h.), Mińsk 1997.
9. Bortnowska K., Białoruski postmodernizm. Liryka "pokolenia Bum-Bam-Lit. Pod red. naukową Jana Koźbiała, Warszawa 2008.
10. Chadanowicz A, Ziemlaki, albo biełaruskija limeryki, Miensk 2005.
Fiedarenka A., Niczyje, Mińsk 2009.
11. Kawalou S., Stomleny diabał, Mińsk 2001.
12. Kislicyna H. M., Aleś Razanau. prablema mastackaj swiadomasci, Mińsk 1997.
13. Kislicyna H., Nowaja litaraturnaja situacyja: zmiena kulturnaj paradyhmy, Mińsk 2006.
14 Miatlicki M., Babczyn. Kniha życcia, Mińsk 1996.
15. Niaklaeu U., Proszcza. Wierszy. Paemy.Mińsk 1995.
16. Razanau A., Taniec z wużakami: Wybranaje, Mińsk 1999.
17. Rubleuskaja L.,Jak mnie dalej lubić taki narod. Biełaruski mif u paezii maładych litaratarau 80-90-ch h.,"Rodnaje słowa 1996, nr 2-7.
18. Wiszniou Z., Trap dla suslika, albo nekrafilicznae dasledawannie adnaho widu hryzunou, Mińsk 2002.
19. Żybul W., Dyjafrahma. Paezja. Mińsk 2003.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: