Contemporary Belarusian literature (1970’s-1980’s) 3221-S2-0WL11K
The presentation of the achievements of Belarusian writers will be particularly emphasized. The aim of this course is to acquaint students with a set of readings that cast light on the reactions of Belarusian writers on a statement about the creation of a new communist society, the plans for unification of the language of Soviet literature. During the course there will also be:
- an analysis of selected works of the writers' generation, called the philological generation, the generation of "children of war" (R. Baradulin, N. Hilevich, J. Sipakou, W. Karamazau, J. Ptashnikau);
- creative workshop presentation of the generation born in the hungry post-war years (D. Bitshel, J. Janishchyts, W. Ipatava, U. Arlou, L. Daynieka et al.)
- revision and reevaluation of actions and attitudes of writers (L. Hieniusz, W. Suprun, N. Arsenneva, M. Siadniou); struggle to restore the good name of writers who have suffered during the Communist terror;
- revival of the Belarusian dramaturgy (K. Krapiva, A. Makayonak, U. Karatkievich, M. Matukouski, A. Dudarau, H. Bahdanava, I. Sidaruk, S. Kavalou et al.)
- achievements in the field of poetry (a new formal and aesthetic solutions by A. Razanau).
In the summer semester is scheduled a continuation of this course including the new problems and situations in the world of culture and literature.
Type of course
After completing the course, student:
- knows on advanced level the subject and methodology characteristics and the advanced terminology used in literary and language studies.
- knows the main literary and language studies theories and philological researching methods
- defines the main directions of Belarusian studies
- understands the historical process of Belarusian literature
- recognizes authors and particular Belarusian literary works especially including literature after 1980’s.
- understands the characteristics of Belarusian tradition in the field of literature analysis and interpretation methods
- understands the characteristics of Belarusian language or literature related to other languages or cultures
- has basic knowledge about Belarusian culture institutions and modern Belarusian cultural life
- can analyse literary works using various sources and methods and interpret their meaning
- can prepare individual literary or linguistic comparison analyses using appropriate methods and research tools
- can recognize the main Belarusian literature works especially including those created after 1980’s and is able to make their critical analysis
- can evaluate the meaning of particular authors’ work on the world literature history background
- can use advanced literary terms in the process of literature analysis
- can use in the interpretation process the research methods of various theoretical schools
- can use the advanced linguistic terms during the process of language occurrences analysis
- can present the opinions of researchers concerning Belarusian literature and language, form own conclusions and synthetic resumes concerning the development of literature and language
- can recognise the meaning of particular historical events in the context of European achievements for Belarusian literature and language development
- can properly interpret the development of Belarusian national liberation idea and its influence on the organisation of Belarusian social life
3. SOCIAL COMPETENCES:
- correctly identifies and resolves dilemmas of working in the profession
Continuous evaluation of preparation for classes. Reporting ,analysis and interpretation of books. Evaluation will affect the final note of the exam.
1. Adamowicz A., Zdaliok i zblizku, Mińsk 1977.
2. Arsienniewa N., Wybranyja twory, Mińsk 2002.
3. Arłou U., Tajamnicy połackaj historii, Mińsk 1994.
4. Baradulin R., Mauczannie pieruna, Mińsk 1986.
5. Baradulin R., Jewanhielle ad Mamy, Mińska 1995.
6. Biczel D., Dze chodziać basanoż, Mińsk 1983.
7. Bielski A., Krasa i smutak. Dapamożnik dla nastaunikau, Mińsk 2000.
8. Dudarau A., Dyjałoh. Piesy, Mińsk 1987.
9. Hienijusz Ł., Spowiedź, Mińsk 1993.
10. Hienijusz Ł., Hascina. Wybranae, Mińsk 2000.
11. Hilewicz N., Lubou praswietłaja. Rozdumy u wierszach i prozie ab rodnaj mowie, Mińsk 1996.
12. Historyja biełaruskaj litaratury XX stahoddzia., T.4, cz. 1 Mińsk 2004.
13. Janiszczyc J., Wybranae, Mińsk 2000.
14. Karamazau W., Wybranyja apawiadanni: Dzień Barysa i Hleba, Dzialba kabanczyka i in.
15. Karatkiewicz U., Staryja biełaruskija chroniki, Mińsk 1988.
16. Kislicyna H., Aleś Razanau: Prablema mastackaj świadomaści, Mińsk 1997.
17. Mikulicz M., Na skwazniakach stahoddzia, Mińsk 1999.
18. Łamieka L., Łamieka N., Suczasnaja biełaruskaja litaratura, Mińsk 2003.
19. Marcinowicz A., Wybranyja staronki biełaruskaj literatury u światle sionniaszniaha dnia, Mińsk 1994.
20. Matukouski M., Mudramier, Mińsk 1989.
21. Sipakou J., Odzium "Połymia" 1990, Nr. 4.; wybrane opowiadania.
22. Suprun W., Żyć dla Biełarusi, Mińsk–Słonim 1998.
23. Ptasznikau I., Płonące wzgórze. Przeł. z białoruskiego B. Monkiewicz. Warszawa 1979.
24. Tuha pa radzimie. Paezija biełaruskaj emihracyi, Mińsk 1992.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: