Analysis of environmental pollutants 1300-OAZSP-GES
Purpose, location, characteristics and analysis of sampling, sample selection;
Environmental assessment based on knowledge of bioindication, with application of the lichen scale;
Mineralization of organic samples in order to prepare test material for further analysis;
Determination of moisture and organic content in soil and ground samples.
Determination of grain-size composition of the samples;
Analysis of the mineral composition of soils and grounds;
Determination of soil exchange capacity;
Implementation and analysis of spatial management maps to isolate areas with anthropogenic ground;
Analysis of water samples for the content of chlorides, sulphates and nitrates;
Determination of phosphorus in surface water and sewage;
Preparation of a monitoring programme based on the acquired data.
Fieldwork in the Municipal Sewage Plant.
Type of course
On completion of the course, the student:
- evaluates the need for measuring the quality of individual components of the environment,
- selects an appropriate methodology for research and analysis,
- is prepared to conduct these tests, and able to prepare a synthetic report of the environmental quality of the study area.
The final assessment is a mean of two activities:
- elaboration of the obtained results in form of an individual report and graphic presentation;
- final written assessment.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: