Regional and Local Studies, full-time, second cycle programme (S2-PRK-SRIL)
(in Polish: Studia regionalne i lokalne, drugiego stopnia, program EUROREG)
second cycle programme
full-time, 2-year studies
No description for the programme.
Access to further studies:
The graduate has achieved the learning outcomes defined for the study program;
Knowledge: a graduate knows and understands
1. In depth facts, objects and phenomena as well as scientific theories related to mechanisms of regional and local development, as well as methodology of empirical research in this field and terminology used in the literature.
2. In depth main development tendencies and relations between studies on regional and local development and other disciplines in the framework of social sciences, as well as capabilities and limitations resulting from interdisciplinary research conducted in the framework of regional and local studies, understands relationship of the terminology employed in the framework of regional and local studies with the terminology used in other disciplines in the framework of social sciences.
3. In depth the significance of human as the subject of research (researcher) as well as the significance of human, community and territory as objects of research in the framework of regional and local studies.
4. Fundamental dilemmas of the contemporary civilization and economic, legal and ethic conditions of professional activity related with regional and local studies, including principles of protection of industrial property and intellectual rights.
5. Principles of creation and development of forms of individual entrepreneurship, making use of knowledge in the field of scientific disciplines related to regional and local studies.
Skills: a graduate knows how to
1.Select sources and information coming from them, make assessment, critical analysis, synthesis, creative interpretation and presentation of this information in the context of regional and local studies.
2 Implement right methods and tools for investigation in the field of regional and local studies, including advanced IT techniques, adapt existing or develop new methods and tools, formulate and test hypotheses related to simple research problems.
3. Use normative systems, norms and rules (legal, organizational, professional, moral, ethical) in order to solving actual problems in the field of regional and local studies, physical planning and the related conflicts, social policy; has enlarged skills in the area of territorially embedded social links.
4. In a clear, logical and precise way prepare written scientific works as well as prepare and present interesting, engaging and coherent oral presentations touching specific issues from the field of regional and local studies or being on borders with related scientific disciplines.
5. Give logical shape and moderate discussion of researchers from the field of regional and local studies or being on borders with related scientific disciplines.
6. Use specialised terminology, elaborate chosen issues in conformity with requirements of scientific style as well as present results of his/her own scientific research in English at B2+ level of the European System of Description of Language Learning ( Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
7. Properly determine priorities of undertaken activities, both in individual and collective, work ,first of all in the stages of preparation and carrying out of research projects in the field of regional and local studies.
8. Think and act in a creative and entrepreneurial way, set up strategic and operational aims, use principles of monitoring and evaluation of tasks.
9. Diagnose needs for new knowledge, skills and competences in the field of regional and local studies and then plan and implement his/her own strategy of life-long learning.
Social competences:a graduate is ready to
1. Assess reliability and usefulness of theories, methods and information that have to be used to solve problems in the field of regional and local studies.
2. Recognise significance of knowledge in solving cognitive and practical problems as well as consult experts in the case of difficulty independent solving problems.
3. Make use of the gained knowledge when working for the social environment, performing public functions and organizing social activities related to regional and local studies.
4. Demonstrate initiative in activities for fublic interest in the field of regional and local studies.
5. Creative thinking and acting for solving problems related to regional and local studies.
6. Assume the role of researcher and analyst aware of challenges and responsibility related to formulating and transmitting to the society of results of research, information and opinions, developing professional achievements, maintaining professional ethos as well as respecting and developing of principles of professional ethics.