Logistics and Administration in the Media, stationary, second-cycle programme (S2-LAM-L)
(in Polish: Logistyka i administrowanie w mediach, stacjonarne, drugiego stopnia)
second cycle programme
full-time, 2-year studies
No description for the programme.
Access to further studies:
Knowledge: graduate knows
1) Areas of culture, science, and economics.
2) Systemic approach in social science and media studies.
3) Knowledge about management tools, including management of online projects.
4) Methods for research on sender–receiver relations.
5) Basic and innovative methods and tools in social research – public opinion and new media technologies.
6) Knowledge about media messages – their characteristic, diversity, impact, technology, efficiency.
7) Knowledge about designing and performing tasks, standards, procedures and best practices in media institutions.
8) Knowledge on entrepreneurship and innovation.
9) Knowledge about models of communication and social communication.
10) Ethical standards and norms for multimedia journalism.
Skills: graduate can
1) Recognize the main problems of socio-economic, political and cultural structures and explain the dependencies between them.
2) Identify processes in the media through the lenses of political, economic and cultural dimensions.
3) Evaluate, categorize and forecast behaviors of media entities; make independent decisions.
4) Apply legal and ethical standards of participation, co-creation and management of relations between individuals, groups and institutions as a media employee – manager, journalist, editor, public relations and advertising specialist, or media market researcher.
5) Identify political, economic, and social influence and their impact on the business models of media.
6) Use innovative methods and analytical tools used in management and entrepreneurship.
7) Use new technologies and new media.
8) Communicate using various techniques in a professional environment and in other environments, also in English or another foreign language recognized as a language of international communication, he/she is able to prepare and present an oral presentation in Polish and in a foreign language concerning research field.
9) Has language skills in management and media in line with the requirements for the B2 + level of the European System of Language Description.
10) Design and conduct interdisciplinary media and business analysis.
11) Formulate goals and research problems related to the functioning of the media systems and identify the directions of self-education.
Social competences: the graduate is ready for
1) Identifying the relations between media, business and social-political institutions, and recognizes a need for updating knowledge.
2) Recognizing ambiguity, the risk of generalizations and errors of excessive detail in identifying, describing and analyzing processes and phenomena in social, political and economic structures. The acquired knowledge is subjected to constant verification.
3) Compilation of various opinions, displaying the disadvantages and advantages of argumentation.
4) Self-capturing of manipulation of information, using the extended knowledge to avoid violations of ethics and law and other provisions related to professional work.
5) Diagnosing technological priorities aimed at achieving the strategic results.
6) Using the basic concepts and principles in intellectual property rights and copyright law in relation to management.
7) Managing work in a team.
8) Solving problems and tasks in a systemic way.
9) Serving as a leader in projects related to media, business, culture and politics.
10) Thinking creatively and taking innovative actions in the work environment.