International Business Program, full-time, second cycle programme (S2-IBP)
(in Polish: International Business Program, stacjonarne, drugiego stopnia)
second cycle programme
full-time, 2-year studies
General scientific discipline: social sciences
Specific scientific disciplines: Management, Economics and Finance, Law
Leading discipline: Management
Language of instruction: English
The aims of the program:
Second degree studies in the field of International Management - IBP aim to educate a graduate who knows in depth the research methodology and terminology in the field of management, in particular international management and in complementary disciplines, such as economics (international economics), finance (international finance) and legal sciences (international law). The graduate has advanced knowledge of management, in particular in its international aspect, and related disciplines, knows the principles of creating and developing various forms of entrepreneurship and is prepared to act in an entrepreneurial manner, including international markets. Has the skills and competences to recognize, diagnose and solve problems related to the functioning of the organization and to determine the impact of the environment: technological, social, political, legal, economic and ecological, on the functioning of the organization and the entire economy, with particular emphasis on functioning in the regional and global environment.
The studies are aimed at educating a graduate who has the ability to independently and collectively prepare studies on the functioning of the organization, sector and the entire economy in the international aspect and communicative presentation of them in English. The studies prepare for independent learning and updating of knowledge and for observing professional ethical standards.
Recruitment of students to groups within the specialization will be made in the recruitment process, separately for each of them. Recruitment of students for the declared specialization of studies will be made on the basis of a ranking list, created during recruitment process.
Classes are held at the headquarters of the Faculty of Management at the University of Warsaw, ul. Szturmowa 1/3, in Warsaw, Poland (EU)
Classes are held from Monday to Friday from 8.00 am, on average until 5.00 pm
Program curriculum is available here
A graduate in scope of knowledge:
A graduate in scope of skills:
A graduate in scope of social competences:
A graduate of this Program will be able to take a job including in:
Potential job positions include: an analyst, specialist, senior specialist, middle-level manager, project team leader, etc. Good preparation in the field of management sciences is the foundation and a convenient starting point for personal development and professional advancement. This promotion requires not only professional experience, but also continuing education at third degree studies, postgraduate certified studies or other short trainee programs.
Access to further studies:
1. Educational outcomes
- The graduate of the supplementary Master’s degree, International Business Programme – International Management is comprehensively prepared to function in an international business environment. In particular, with respect to the knowledge acquired, among others:
- They have extended knowledge of the place of management in the system of sciences as well as its subject matter and methodological relationships with other science disciplines. They perceive management as an interdisciplinary science,
- The know the terminology used in management and understands its sources as well as its application within the related science disciplines,
- The have in-depth and structured knowledge about the functioning of an organization, its various types, objectives, structures, operations (functions, activities), cultures as well as relationships with the environment, and in the international environment, in particular,
- They have extended knowledge of international and transnational activities of business organizations. They know how to adapt it to various types of organizations and decision-making situations.
At the same time, after successfully graduating from the programme, they will have gained, inter alia, the following key skills and competences:
- They are able to accurately interpret social, political, legal and economic phenomena as well as their impact on the functioning of businesses and the economy as a whole, as well as the mutual relationships between them,
- They properly apply the terminology related to Management Sciences,
- They are able to put into practice the knowledge gained concerning the functioning of businesses and critically analyse its effectiveness and usefulness,
- They are competent to organize activities and undertakings and carry out their economic and financial analyses, especially in an international environment.
In terms of social skills and competences they will have gained, among others:
- the understanding of the need for continuing their professional and personal development and the ability to independently and critically acquire further knowledge and extend it,
- the ability to think and act in an entrepreneurial manner and to co-operate and work together in a group while taking on different roles within it, including the role of a group leader, in particular of an international nature.
2. Total number of ECTS-credits for the programme of study - 120,
Number of semesters - 4
3. In case the programme of study is based on standards (teacher education), it is required to provide the relevant regulation - NA
4. Number of ECTS-credits:
- which the student needs to obtain by completing courses in basis sciences, to which the educational outcomes for a particular major, level and profile of education relate - 80
- which the student needs to obtain by completing courses of practical nature, including laboratory and design classes - 30
- for elective modular courses - 52
Internships are organized during the third semester of the programme. The expected places for internships include international departments of administrative units, domestic companies (including banks) with international operations as well as international corporations (including financial institutions).
- work in an international environment,
- team-oriented work with the student’s own scope of tasks and responsibilities,
- duration – three months,
- number of hours – no less than 4 hours per day.
The internship programme is consulted with the Faculty's Internship Co-ordinator and the person responsible for the programme (Programme Manager).
Number of ECTS-credits: 30
After successfully completing their internship the student submits a relevant certificate containing the information about:
- the dates of the internship,
- the number of work hours,
- the position held (including its description),
- the scope of tasks and responsibilities,
- the projects in which the student took part,
- an individual employer’s opinion about the student.
During the internship the student should acquire skills and competences for working in an international environment. They should have experience in working in project teams, understanding roles in teamwork, defining and proposing solutions to organizational problems, including those relating to the international business. At the same time, they should acquire basic skills in inter-cultural communication and implementation of the knowledge acquired in solving problems, the skill of proposing solutions, understanding the consequences of their implementation as well as obtaining backing for their proposals. Internships in which the student is given a large scope of independence are preferred.