Part-time graduate payable English Studies (NW2-FLA)
(in Polish: Filologia angielska, niestacjonarne (wieczorowe), drugiego stopnia)
second cycle programme
full-time, 2-year studies
No description for the programme.
Access to further studies:
1. profound understanding of the role of the English Studies and of their place in the Humanities, and the ability to apply this knowledge towards achieving professional success
2. advanced knowledge of the terminology used in Theoretical Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Literary Studies, and Cultural Studies
3. advanced knowledge of the research methods and their application in Linguistics, Literary Studies, and Cultural Studies, in particular in the context of the English-speaking countries
4. advanced knowledge about the English Language, its grammar (phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, and semantics) and its use (pragmatics)
5. advanced knowledge about and of the mechanisms of the communication process in English, both in writing and speaking
6. more profound understanding of the process of the Second Language Acquisition; in particular, a firm grasp of the current trends in the SLA that are relevant to English Linguistics, as well as the ability to apply this knowledge towards achieving professional success
7. considerable knowledge in the fields of history, literature, literary history, and fine arts of the English-speaking countries
8. deeper understanding of the British and U.S. social structure and government institutions, as well as of the relationships between them
9. actual awareness of the significance of cultural symbols and their role in interpreting culture-specific content, such as literature, popular culture, and fine arts
10. ability to accurately recognize cultural symbols and skilfully apply appropriate culture codes when communicating with others from the English-speaking countries, as well as an increased skill in interpersonal and cross-cultural communication.
ECTS requirements and number of semesters : 120 ECTS, 4 semesters
The English Studies Teacher Training Programme is in compliance with the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 17 January, 2012.
ECTS point allocation:
Classes in the field of study : 116 ECTS
Practical classes : 4 ECTS (CLIL)
Classes to choose from the curriculum : 112 ECTS
Student practice included in the Teacher Training Programme only, as required by the said Regulation.