Administration, full-time, first cycle studies - B.A. (S1-PRK-AD)
(in Polish: Administracja, stacjonarne, pierwszego stopnia)
first cycle programme
full-time, 3-year studies
Opis programu studiów:
Access to further studies:
Upon completion of the first-cycle studies in Public Administration, the Graduate:
1) has acquired basic knowledge on the nature of sciences of law and administration, their place within the system of social sciences, and the typical social structures and institutions (political, legal and economic) and their basic elements.
2) is aware of the basic problems of the particular branches of public administration and other selected social sciences.
3) demonstrates basic knowledge on the system and organs of government in Poland, and in particular about the organs of the State and local governments, as well as is able to define the existing relationships between them.
4) has developed basic awareness of an individual as a subject of the national and international law; comprehends the place of a citizen within the public administration.
5. is aware of the rules of creation and development of the forms of individual entrepreneurship, and has acquired knowledge essential for undertaking business activity.
6) is able to correctly explain and construe the basic notions and social phenomena connected to public administration; applies the basic terminology of the particular study disciplines.
7) correctly applies selected legal norms and principles, solving particular problems of law areas relevant for administrative studies, particularly in the case of matters related to his/her own area of interest (as indicated by the chosen specialisation subjects); demonstrates ability to find legal grounds, case-law and literature pertaining to the issue at stake, and on the application of ethical principles; skillfully executes administrative acts.
8) is ready to undertake clerical tasks at the middle level of management in various organisations, organs, and institutions of public administration. Skilfully uses the accessible data sources, demonstrates ability to prepare standard documents and written compositions regarding more detailed issues; unassisted is able to reach out for various data sources; is aware of and skilfully uses electronic tools.
9) is able to communicate within the work environment, work in team, organise and lead small work teams; resourcefully thinks and acts, is creative and flexible; is able to communicate with the citizens within the public administration milieu, and act ethically.
10) is able to successfully work in a team formed to prepare social projects taking into account legal, economic and political aspects (including preparation and implementation of the projects co-financed by the European Union.)
2. Duration of studies: 120 ECTS, 6 semesters
3. The curriculum is not based on the Learning Standards as set forth by the Minister of Science and Higher Education Regulation of 17 January 2012 on the Teaching standards for programmes of study preparing for the teaching profession
4. Number of ECTS for the learning outcomes achieved in courses fundamental for the area of study: 55
Number of ECTS for learning outcomes achieved in practical courses (including laboratories, and projects) – 25
Number of ECTS for learning outcomes achieved in optional courses – 56
5. Information on apprenticeship period (duration and number of ECTS)
A student must undergo an apprenticeship lasting 160 hours, credited with 5 ECTS
A student who has taken part in a students apprenticeship :
1) demonstrates ability of practical application of the theoretical knowledge on the system of Polish law for unassisted solution of specific problems in particular legal disciplines inherent for public administration.
2) has skills and has acquired experience in preparation of the basic documents, written analyses and interpretation of specific administrative-legal problems, and in preparation and presentations of expositions regarding these matters.
3) demonstrates knowledge on practical functioning of administration and on application of ethical norms at work.