Preschoolers' and Early Learners' Education 4101-1ZPPIWO
Contents of the course consider following specialist knowledge: theoretical basis of care and education of a child, cooperation with parents, diagnosis of child development at kindergarten and at early learners’ stage. Selection of the contents enables students to gain knowledge with respect to the new core curriculum in early learners’ education and to form attitudes and skills which enable students to correctly execute educational and care tasks, which include ones stimulating psychophysical and cognitive development of a child and to conduct selected, basic correcting-compensating classes in case of educational and/or care difficulties regarding a child.
Type of course
- has general knowledge about child nurture, knows, what preschoolers’ and early learners’ education deals with
- knows basic classifications of educational and didactical processes regarding childhood and early learners’ stage and rules controlling these processes
- knows most important traditional and contemporary pedagogical trends and systems with special concern given to preschool stage and early learners, understands their historical and cultural determinants
- properly defines basic terms from the field of early education
- knows what are the differences regarding methods of care and didactical work at preschool and early learners’ stage and knows what they stem from
- can use basic theoretical frameworks in order to analyse, diagnose and predict the trajectory of educational processes and to analyse strategies of practical actions regarding various contexts of preschool and early learners’ teacher’s work
- can describe and characterise cognitive, emotional and social processes regarding a child at early education stage
- can apply gained knowledge in practical, everyday action. Can analyse and design own educational actions
- uses professional language, can use psychological terms in professional situations
- can prepare a basic diagnosis of developmental situation of a child and design reparative actions using professional pedagogical knowledge
- has conviction about the sense, value and need of undertaking psychological actions in school and out-of-school environment; is ready to take on professional challenges; displays activity and shows tenacity in realising individual and group professional actions linked to teaching practice
- has conviction about the importance of professional behaviour, reflects on ethical topics and abides by the provisions of teaching practice ethics
- acknowledges the significance of educational sciences for maintenance and development of bonds in social environments and relates gained knowledge to designing practical actions
- is aware of the level of their knowledge and skills, understands the need for lifelong learning and personal development, is able to make a self-assessment of competences and improves skills, as well as determines directions of own development and education
40% of the final grade: activity at COME platform and preparation of partial tasks
60% attendance in class (1 absence acceptable, extra absences have to be justified), final written test (in class)
A. Klim-Klimaszewska: Pedagogika przedszkolna, Instytut Wydawniczy ERICA, Warszawa 2011.
D. Klus-Stańska, M. Szczepska-Pustkowska, Pedagogika wczesnoszkolna, Wyd. Łośgraf, Warszawa 2011.
J. Bonar, A. Buła (eds.), Poznać. Zrozumieć. Doświadczyć. Teoretyczne podstawy praktycznego przygotowania nauczyciela wczesnej edukacji. Oficyna Wydawnicza IMPULS, Kraków 2011.
A. Klim-Klimaszewska, Witamy w przedszkolu. Wspomaganie procesu adaptacji dziecka do środowiska przedszkolnego, Instytut Wydawniczy ERICA, Warszawa 2009.
Janiszewska B., Ocena dojrzałości szkolnej, Wydawnictwo Seventh Sea, Warszawa 2008.
Łobocki M., W poszukiwaniu skutecznych form wychowania, WSiP, Warszawa, 1990 (and newer)
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
- Teaching Foreign Languages, English, French (2nd subject), part-time, first-cycle studies
- Teaching foreign languages: English, 2nd subj. teaching 'history and social studies'
- Teaching Foreign Languages, English, German (2nd subject), part-time, first-cycle studies
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: