The subject of the exercises is: history of logic, languages analysis and
separation of various types of language, cognition problems of the syntactic dissection of sentences and division of names and definitions, in particular the legal definitions which allow a deeper analysis of the law. During the course will be analyzed the problems of the propositional calculus and logical laws. Also will be analyzed types of the inferences and errors in the transmission of thought.
Lectures ends the use of logic in the creation and application of the EU law and the question of the interpretation of the law.
History of logic
Language and syntactic characteristics of sentences.
Sentences (types, logical laws)
Names (types, logical laws).
Questions and answers
Types of argument
Logic inference in law.
Tutorials include problems of the learning of independent solving of the tasks in these sectors, with a focus on the examples of the European institutions and their activities, and EU law.
classes - 30 h
homework and the preparation to the classes - 30 h
total - 60 h
Type of course
The effect of education on lectures and tutorials in logic to be to acquire the practical skills:
1. The correct formulation of the issues,
2. Precise expression and their justification.
3. The definition of terms.
4. The learning from knowledge.
5. The critical thinking.
6. The art of argumentation.
7. The pay attention to logic errors in the construction of expression, in reasoning and in the communication.
Tutorials: the end assessment depends on correct implementing tasks which I set out in syllabus.
1. The active participation in tutorials (vey often - pair work)
2. The correct answers in homework
3. The correct solutions in the test, which will during the tutorials
4. This students, who will have bad rating must correct solve the additional tasks during consultation. Only this is the basis of the last assessment of the exercises.
Logika dla prawników; Sławomir Lewandowski, Hanna Machińska, Andrzej Malinowski, Jacek Petzel, LexisNexis 2007
Other supplementary readings for each kinds of logic, will be served during the lectures.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: