(in Polish) Proseminarium iranistyczne2 3600-7-IR2-P2
The aim of the course is to prepare a seminar paper by students. The seminar is devoted to the analysis and development of selected issues of religions of Iran and Afghanistan on the basis of treatises in European languages. Students learn, in particular, how to make flashcards, footnotes, quotations, references, and learn the rules of text editing and designing a seminar paper outline.
Students ought to demonstrate the ability to collect and analyze scientific publications, use the testing apparatus, present the status of research within the chosen subject and the ability to synthesize. A thesis is prepared under the supervision of a tutor. The seminar consists of three major steps. The first one is to choose the theme of a seminar paper. The next step is to gather information on the current state of research on a chosen subject, collect and study a bibliography and prepare the concept of a paper. The third step focuses on writing a thesis and its presentation at the seminar.
Type of course
-has basic knowledge of the place and importance of Oriental studies in the humanities and their specificity in relation to the subject and methodology [K_W01].
- knows the state of research in chosen aspects pertaining to in Iran / Afghanistan [K_W17].
- knows and understands the basic terms and rules of copyright and protection of intellectual property [K_W20].
- can search for, analyze, evaluate and use information from different sources [K_U01].
- has a good command of a foreign language at least at the B2 level [K_U11].
- can fluently use the script of a Persian language and the necessary tools to learn and analyze it (traditional and electronic dictionaries, lexicons, linguistic corpora, data bases, etc.) [K_U16].
- has the necessary skills to prepare seminar papers: can select and find sources and analyses in Persian language, knows the methodology of writing seminar papers [K_U18].
- can use basic knowledge in the scope of methodology of cultural research in a seminar paper [K_U19].
- has a skill in presenting detailed aspects within the scope of cultural issues of Iran in Polish taking into consideration the intellectual tradition of Iran [K_U21].
- has a skill at formulating own opinions and conclusions in writing and in speech in Polish language [K_U22].
- has the ability of substantive argumentation with the use of other authors’ views [K_U23].
- can use electronic and internet tools both in Polish and in Persian language [K_U24].
- can communicate with specialists in the fields of academic research and in academic disciplines pertinent to the Oriental studies using contemporary IT technology [K_U25].
- can acquire knowledge independently and develop research skills following the research supervisor’s instructions [K_U26].
- understands the need to learn all one’s life [K_K01].
- is aware of significance the culture of Iran and Afghanistan countries have for the culture of the world [K_K07].
- attendance control;
- continuous assessment (homework, active attendance);
- final seminar paper
N. Alchin, Theory of Knowledge, London 2003.
U. Eco, Jak napisać pracę dyplomową, Poradnik dla humanistów, Warszawa 2007.
M. Heller, Jak być uczonym, Warszawa 2017.
H. Nakamura, Systemy myślenia ludów Wschodu. Indie, Chiny, Tybet, Japonia,
-M. Kuziak, S. Rzepczyński, Jak pisać, Warszawa 2010.
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: