Sociology of Education 3401-PR1-1SWYz
This course has not yet been described...
Type of course
The aims of the course are Inter alia:
1. The presentation of the education as a social process developing in the historical context of a society. The attention is paid to the competences of analysis of interrelations between the general concept of the progress in society and the model of education and of educational institutions.
2. The development of competences to recognize and critically analyses the relations between social structure and patterns of education related to different social strata.
3. The presentation of complex relations between general ideas and ideologies of education and the organization of different types of educational institutions. The development of ability to create and manage the educational institutions
4. The development of comparative knowledge about different national educational systems and of the ability to critical analyse their achievements and opportunities of their selective adaptation to Polish reality.
5. The development of competences to evaluate the educational capital of society and the possibilities of introducing educational innovations in order to strengthen society based on knowledge.
Tutorial hours for individual students of Pedagogy (Education), Sociology and Social Sciences. Student has to write an essay on education problems in contemporary society based on the literature. The topic of the essay is discussed with the Teacher.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: