Intellectual property rights - basic course 3401-POWI
The course includes the most relevant issues in the field of intellectual property rights like:
- general issues and basic terminology in the field of intellectual property rights,
- division of intellectual property rights,
- copyright - are we allowed to copy books, how to exploit research results and scientific publications according to the law, protection of creative activity - personal rights to works and copyrights,
- patent claims - requirements for patent protection,
- patent information - sources of information, data bases, patent searches,
- practical examples of patent protection,
- way of dealing with new invention,
- rules in patent law relevant in academic environment,
During the course students will be informed about other courses in the field of intellectual property rights available at the University of Warsaw.
Type of course
Familiarity with the basic rules concerning the protection of intellectual property.
The course is graded on the basis a test prepared by the course teacher.
1. Marek Łazewski, Ochrona własności intelektualnej - podstawy, UOTT UW, Warszawa 2008
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
- Social Prevention and Resocialisation, extramural BA studies
- Social Prevention and Resocialisation, day BA studies
- Social Work, full-time, BA studies
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: