Resocialisation and reintegration social 3401-3R13RESz
The course is aimed at creation the basis for understanding and applying different strategies and preventive, educational and re-socialization procedures in freedom conditions as well as changing the social recognition of re-socialization and social re-integration ideas.
1. Concepts and relations between socialization, re-socialization, re-adaptation and re-integration.
2. Re-socialization aspects of Polish penitentiary system – assumptions and reality.
3. Social re-integration as an effect of needs fulfillment of people endangered by being socially excluded.
4. Social re-adaptation and local environment reorganization as a condition of re-socialization influence efficiency.
5. Cooperation of non-governmental institutions and organizations working on re-socialization, habits therapy and help directed to prisoners and ex-prisoners aimed at improving the efficiency of their social and professional reintegration process.
6. Presentation of innovative processes of prisoners’ social and professional integration processes introduced by prison services and non-government organizations.
Type of course
Acquisition of skills to rebuild and maintain the appropriate social roles and participate in the local society life by a socially excluded person or one endangered by social exclusion.
classes - continuous assessment, attendance control, oral examination
Bałandynowicz A., Probacja. Wychowanie do wolności, Primum 1996.
Profilaktyka i readaptacja społeczna – od teorii do doświadczeń praktyków, (red.) Bielecka E., Białystok 2007.
Pytka L., Pedagogika resocjalizacyjna, Warszawa 2000, Wyd. WSPS.
Resocjalizacja. Teoria i praktyka pedagogiczna, tom 2, (red.) Urban B., Stanik J., Warszawa 2007.
System penitencjarny i postpenitencjarny w Polsce, (red.) Bulenda T., Musidłowski R., Warszawa 2003.
Szczygieł G., Społeczna readaptacja skazanych w polskim systemie penitencjarnym, Białystok 2002.
Szymanowska A., Więzienie i co dalej, Warszawa 2003.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: