Italian pronunciation and spelling 3321-Z1NJWWP
During the classes students learn the principals of the Italian orthography and orthoepy. They become acquainted with the system of vowels and consonants, learn to recognize sound in speech by the oscillation of the vocal folds and exercise the correct pronunciation of individual sounds and their transcription. They also study the proper syllabification, accentuation and intonation.
Type of course
Students gain the following skills:
- they know the principals og the Italian orthography and orthoepy regarding the standardised Italian;
- they are able to use the phonetic alphabet and to transcript texts;
- they can explain the differences between the spoken and the written language;
- they distinguish the stressed words from unstressed ones;
- they carry out a phonetic analysis;
- they indicate the differences between the Polish and the Italian pronunciation.
The conditions for credit are:
- attendance (two absences allowed);
- active participation in the classes;
- passed two dictation tests and two mid-tests;
- passed the course completion test.
1. L. Costamagna, Pronunciare l'italiano. Manuale di pronuncia italiana per stranieri, Guerra Edizioni 1996.
2. G. Gori, M.L. Turolla, Giocare con la fonetica, Alma Edizioni 2008.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: