Learning of languages of the region: Belarusian - level B1 3224-DNJRBB1-90h
Upon completion a student can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure etc; s/he can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst traveling in an area where the language is spoken; s/h can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest; s/he can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
The course content: Home, family, interpersonal relations; Job. Studies. Academy; Free time. Hobby. Entertainment; Art., theater, Cinema, literature; Sport, tourism, travel; Weather, phenomena connected with weather and climate; Environment, natural phenomena; City, village; Events, public and political news; Media – press, radio, TV; Learning languages: reasons, expectations, methods, experiences.
Student workload includes:
Classroom participation – 90 hours (4 ECTS)
Preparing for classes – 45 hours (2 ECTS)
A student is practicing without having to fear his/her speech communication on the intermediate level:
On completing the course, the student:
1. makes use of knowledge of culture of a given lingusitic region; acquired during the course;
2. a graduate knows and understands at an intermediate level the sophisticated nature of a language;
3. one has sufficient vocabulary at an intermediate level (with particular focus on the vocabulary included in Full description);
4. one has knowledge at intermediate level about the description of a language system;
5. one knows selected issues (See: Full description).
1. one can communicate in simple and routine tacks within the topics listed in Full description;
2. one can recognise familar words and messages in selected, simple materials of different types as well as in verbal comunication;
3. one understands and paraphrases information contained in selected, simple materials of every life (See: Full description), sums up and draws conclusions;
4. writes conventional personal and formal letters, such as emails, invitations, CV, application letters;
5. narrates past, present and planned events relating to his/her own life (with particular focus on the vocabulary and topics included in Full description), both orally and in writing, using basic vocabulary;
6. one presents information in oral and written form using certain language constructions.
1. one is able to collaborate in pair as well as in a group of people;
2. one knows learning strategies and understands the need for lifelong learning;
3. one knows basic social norms and their relevant verbal and nonverbal reactions which are obligatory in the definite cultural and linguistic area;
4. one detects cultural differences and demonstrates the tolerance for users of other languages.
Concerning the specific learning outcomes after completing the course, the student acquires skills:
1) knows and understands in an intermediate way the comprehensive nature of the language, with particular emphasis on the cultural context of Belarus.
2) able to use the Belarusian language at level B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
3) can use modern communication and information technologies in his work.
The coursebook: Аляксандраў С.Э., Мыцык Г.В., "Гавары са мной па-беларуску". Mińsk 2008, dictionaries, additional materials provided by the lecturer, recordings etc.
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: