Problems of culture of the countries of the East and Central Europe (II) - Russia 3224-D4PR
The purpose of the class is to show the peculiarities of Russian culture in XX and XXI century; factors that shape its specificity and those that determine its complexity and heterogeneity. The prism of selected problems discusses the various aspects of culture, phenomena and processes of society, of a point of view, ethnolinguistic, literary, artistic and ideo-logical, perceived here in terms of their influence on the shape of culture. All of these shots are to be embraced by the adoption of an anthropological perspective as a source of the categories and methods of description and the analysis of the cultural planes in question. The issues raised are also in the context of problems characteristic of the whole of Central and Eastern Europe.
The Student in the course develops his research skills, learns to acquire knowledge independently, using the support of a scientific supervisor.
The following issues will be discussed:
1. Culture and Russian literature on the revolution.
2. Russian culture after 1917 – in foreign.
3. Socrealism in writing, painting, sculpture, architecture, music and film.
4. The Great Patriotic War in literature and visual arts.
5. The Problem of official and unofficial writing in the USSR. Tamizdat and samizdat.
6. Literary images of the agrum and the mainstream of fiscal literature.
7. Russian dissidents and the cultural process.
8. Pieriestrojka and literary process in Russia.
9. Russian cultural landscape after the 1991 year.
10. The phenomenon of "women's prose": Years 90.
11. The Problem of "white spots" in Russian culture.
12. Modern armed conflicts in Russian literature: writers against the Russo-Chechen War.
13. The specificity of the latest Russian literature: The role of cultural codes in the writing of Postmodernism, the "New Wave" in dramaturgy.
14. Folklore in 20th and 21st-century culture
15. A phenomenon of popular literature in modern Russia.
Preparation for classes: 30 hours (1 ECTS)
Preparation for classes-30 hours (1 ECTS)
Preparation for oral examination: 30 hours (1 ECTS
After completing classes:
1) knows and understands in a degree the basic specifications of different cultural models in anthropological terms (traditional, noble, Boursetian, Mass), the processes of their transformation and interconnectedness, and emanations in the symbolic and semiotic spheres, and thus in of culture and art, literature and the history of Russia.
2) knows and understands fundamentally the broadly understood con-intercultural text; Knows man as an entity constructing social structures and cultural creations, is aware of the principles of their functioning and the consequent differences in perceptions of social life by representatives of different nationalities, ideological groups and Denominational minorities and different
1) can search, select, analyse and use the information from different sources.
2) can develop their research skills, gain knowledge by using the support of a supervisor; Formulate thoughts, present the results of the tests in the form of oral or written composition (various types).
3) can refer to the theoretical and practical knowledge and use it in the typical professional statements concerning philosophical reflection on the changes in culture, as well as its specificities, logically construct them, Referring to the positions of other participants in these communication situations.
1) is ready to critically assess your knowledge, to continually educate yourself and to complement your understanding.
2) is willing to participate in the cultural life and use of its various forms.
One condition for passing the subject is compulsory attendance at classes in accordance with the Details of principles of study at the Faculty of Applied Linguistics (resolution no. 114 of the LS Division Council of 19 December 2017).
1) attendance at the classes covered by the plan is compulsory (§ 9 paragraph 2).
2) It is not possible to recap a class if the reason for failing to qualify is not to fulfil the requirement to participate. In this case, the student may be entered conditionally for the next stage of study and repeat the non-subject matter (Section 2 (4)).
Two unjustified absences in a semester are allowed. Thus it must be pass according to the requirements.
The classes will be conducted in the form of discussions about the reading or the material presented by the lecturer. Active participation in the debate means the substantive involvement in it during the most-less 50% of the classes.
There is also a presentation on the subject of the guide-go.
The final assessment consists of:
Active and substantive participation in the class (40%).
Presentation on the subject appointed by the lecturer (20%).
Passing the contents of the class (40%).
Additional knowledge: 5+
Andrusiewicz A., Cywilizacja rosyjska, Warszawa 2004-2010
, t. 1, 2.
Billington J.H., Ikona i topór. Historia kultury rosyjskiej, Kraków 2008.
Fast P., Od odwilży do pieriestrojki. Studia i szkice o najnowszej literaturze rosyjskiej, Katowice 1992.
Fast P., Realizm socjalistyczny w literaturze rosyjskiej, Kraków 2003.
Historia literatury rosyjskiej XX wieku, red. A. Drawicz, Warszawa 1997 (i in.).
Idei w Rosii = Ideas in Russia = Idee w Rosji: Leksykon rosyjsko-polsko-angielski, red. A. de Lazari, Łódź 1999, t. 1-6.
Kultura rosyjska: postacie, wydarzenia, symbole, daty, red. E. Małek, J. Wawrzyńczyk, Warszawa 2001.
Kasack W., Leksykon literatury rosyjskiej XX wieku, tłum. B. Kodzis, Wrocław 1996.
Klimowicz T., Przewodnik po współczesnej literaturze rosyjskiej i jej okolicach (1917-1996), Wrocław 1996.
Literatura rosyjska w zarysie, red. Z. Barański i A. Semczuk, Warszawa 1975 (lub inne wydanie).
Piłat W., Na progu XXI wieku. Szkice o współczesnej dramaturgii rosyjskiej. Olsztyn 2000.
Przebinda G., Smaga J., Kto jest kim w Rosji po 1917 roku, Kraków 2000.
Wołodźko-Butkiewicz A., Pasierbowie Rosji, Warszawa 1995.
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: