Theory of literature I 3221-S2-0TL11K
During the course there are discusses the main directions and literary-philosophical schools in ancient Greece and Rome, assumptions and programs of the Middle Ages, the Renaissance. There is emphasized the importance of Italy and France in developing the ideology of the Renaissance in art and literature of European countries. In addition, classes focus on the analysis of program assumptions of classicism, sentimentalism and romanticism. There is showed the role of critical realism in the development of prose genres (sketch, short story, novel, adage, story, novel). There are also discussed the views of philosophers and thinkers forming the new modernist view on the world and man. There are presented the assumptions and aesthetics of major movements of modernist such as impressionism, symbolism, futurism, imaginism, acmeism with reference to the Slavic literatures (Russian, Polish and Belarusian). On the example of selected works from the 1920's-1930's. there is defined the essence of "maladnakizm", "uzvyshanstva", activism and socialist realism. The course indicates the major trends in Belarusian literature from the Soviet Union (the influence of postmodernism, existential philosophy, absurd theater).
Type of course
After completing the course, student:
- knows on advanced level the subject and methodology characteristics and the advanced terminology used in literary and language studies.
- knows the main literary and language studies theories and philological researching methods
- understands the historical process of Belarusian literature
- recognizes authors and particular Belarusian literary works especially including literature after 1980’s.
- understands the characteristics of Belarusian tradition in the field of literature analysis and interpretation methods
- understands the characteristics of Belarusian language or literature related to other languages or cultures
- can analyse literary works using various sources and methods and interpret their meaning
- can prepare individual literary or linguistic comparison analyses using appropriate methods and research tools
- can recognize the main Belarusian literature works especially including those created after 1980’s and is able to make their critical analysis
- can evaluate the meaning of particular authors’ work on the world literature history background
- can use advanced literary terms in the process of literature analysis
- can use in the interpretation process the research methods of various theoretical schools
- can use the advanced linguistic terms during the process of language occurrences analysis
- can present the opinions of researchers concerning Belarusian literature and language, form own conclusions and synthetic resumes concerning the development of literature and language
3. SOCIAL COMPETENCES:
Presence and class activity, active participation in the work on presentations. Evaluation of the student's work on clasess will be taken into account when completing the course and the final exam.
1. Arkusz A., Wyprabawannie rozwojem: artykuły, ese, hutarki, interwiju, Połacak 2000. 2. Bahdanowicz I., Awangard i tradycja. Biełaruskaja paezija na chwali nacyjanalnaha adradżennia, Mińsk 2001.
3. Barszczeuski L., Litaratura ad starażytnaści da paczatku epochi ramantyzmu, Mińsk 2003.
4. Barszczeuski L.Tyczyna M., Wasiuczenka P. Biełaruskaja litaratura i swiet ad epochi ramantyzmu da naszych dzion. Papularny narys, Mińsk 2006.
5. Bielski A. I., Suczasnaja biełaruskaja literatura. Stanaulennie i razwiccio tworczych indywidualnasciau (80-90-ja hh.). Wuczebna-mietadyczny dapamożnik dla nastaunikau, Mińsk 1997.
6. Boriew J., Estietika. Tieoryja literatury. Encykłopiediczeskij słowar' tierminow, Moskwa 2003.
7. Akudowicz W., Razburyć Paryż, Mensk 2004.
8. Kasack W., Leksykon literatury rosyjskiej XX wieku. Od początku stulecia do roku 1996, przekład, opracowanie, bibliografia polska i indeks osób B. Kodzis, Wrocław 1996.
9. Łamieka L., Łamieka N., Suczasnaja biełaruskaja literatura. Analiz tworu. Materyjały da ekzamienu, Mińsk 2003.
10 .Łazaruk M., Teoryja litaratury, Mińsk 1971.
11. Maksimowicz W. A., Szypszynawy kraj. Staronki biełaruskaj litaratury 20-30-ch hh. XX st. Dapamożnik dla nastaunikau. Mińsk 2002.
12. Skwarczyńska S., Teoria badań literackich za granicą, t.1 cz. 1-2. Łódź 1956-1966, t. 2 cz.1-2. Łódź 1974-1981.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: