Practical Belarussian III 3221-S2-0PB21C
Translation exercises are conducted as a part of Belarusian language practical learning . During the course the ability to translate texts of the Belarusian language into Polish and vice versa - from Polish to Belarusian language is acquired, taking into account differences in interference. Text material relates to topics from various areas of life: political, social, economic and cultural life. Differences are shown in translating literary and scientific texts, in which accumulated a specialized vocabulary, terminology. Students acquire the ability to translate texts rich in vocabulary connected with the performance of various professions, as well as in the lexicon of expressive features. There are some language patterns that occur in Polish and Belarusian language press, radio and television, fashion for the use of foreign words shown - an adaptation of borrowings in Belarusian language, the spread of the abbreviation in Belarusian language and how to translate them into Polish.
STUDENT'S EXPENDITURE - ECTS POINT BALANCE
30 hours - classes in the room, 1 ECTS;
30 hours - preparation for classes, 1 ECTS;
15 hours - preparation to pass, 0.5 ECTS.
TOTAL: 2,5 ECTS
Type of course
After completing the course, student:
- has the knowledge concerning the process of literary language forming in Belarus
- understands the influence of politics and history on the development of Belarusian literary language
- has the advance knowledge concerning the subject and methodology characteristics and the advanced terminology used in translation studies
- can evaluate the correctness of language structures in various communications
- can communicate in Belarusian language on C1 level
- can use advanced translation terms during the analysis of translations from Polish into Belarusian and from Belarusian into Polish
- can prepare individual analysis of translations from Polish into Belarusian and from Belarusian into Polish, concerning and comparing moderns developments in this field
- can evaluate the meaning of particular translators from Polish into Belarusian and from Belarusian into Polish in the context of their influence of Polish-Belarusian cultural exchange
- can individually gain knowledge and develop own researching skills useful in future profession
3. SOCIAL COMPETENCES:
- can actively participate in group works, work of organisations and institutions involved in Belarusian problems
- can organise individual and group work concerning problem analysis of Belarusian culture occurrences
- systematically participates in Belarusian cultural life using various media and its various forms
- continuous evaluation of preparing for classes and assimilation of material from previous courses; final evaluation based also on intersemestrial tests;
-the prerequisite of passing the course is: the presence and active participation in classes, regular preparing for classes a specified material, timely performancing houseworks and control works.
- Classes passing with a grade.
The exam consists of a written part - a translation task, and oral translation task.
criteria: knowledge of grammar structures, vocabulary and spelling
99 - 100% - 5! (excellent)
93 - 98% - 5 (very good)
87 - 92% - 4.5 (good plus)
77 - 86% - 4 (good)
71 - 76% - 3.5 (sufficient plus)
60 - 70% - 3 (sufficient)
Below 60% - 2.0 (unsatisfactory)
Two absences are allowed.
The conditions for passing the resit are the same.
1. Aksamitau A.S., Belaruskaja frazealohija, Mińsk 1978.
2. Belaruskaja mova, Opole 1998.
3. Bogucki, Ł., Zarys przekładoznawstwa dla studentów neofilologii, Łódź 2007;
4. Jakość i ocena tłumaczenia, pod red. A. Kopczyńskiego, M. Kizeweter, Warszawa 2009;
5. Cikocki M.J., Stylistyka belaruskaj movy, Minsk 1995.
6. Cikocki M.J., Stylistyka publicystycznych żanrau, Minsk 1971.
7. Duszak A., Tekst, dyskurs, komunikacja międzykulturowa, Warszawa 1998.
8. Kielar, B.Z., Zarys translatoryki, Warszawa 2003;
9. Leksikalohija suczasnaj belaruskaj litaraturnaj movy, Mińsk 1994.
10. Pieńkos J., Przekład i tłumacz we współczesnym świecie, Warszawa 1993.
11. Peraklad zbliżae narody, pad red. R. Baradulina, Mińsk 2002.
12. Pytanni kultury piśmovaj movy, Mińsk 1991.
13. Sciacko P., Kultura movy, Mińsk 2002.
14. Sciacko P., Prablemy leksicznaha narmavannja belaruskaj movy, Grodno 1999.
15. Suczasnaja belaruskaja mova. Mińsk 1984.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: