Introduction to Latin 3006-13A1PL
Students will become acquainted with basics of Latin grammar and syntax, which enables understanding of simple texts. They will learn about Greco-Roman culture, the Bible, and contemporary manifestations of Latin culture, especially about influence of Latin on modern languages.
Type of course
After completing the course, the student
• recognizes the place of Latin among Indo-European languages and knows its importance for the development of modern languages and disciplines
• knows the grammar in the primary degree
• usues a simple Latin vocabulary
• recognizes many cores of Latin words
• lists and characterizes the most famous Latin and Greek authors
• describes the basics of ancient Roman culture
• uses the dictionaties, grammars
• translates simple Latin text into Polish language
• is aware of the limited scope of his knowledge and skills .
Workshop. Script will be provided by the lecturer.
script provided by a lecturer
Grimal P., Słownik mitologii greckiej i rzymskiej, Wrocław 1987
Kalinkowski S., Aurea Dicta t. I, II, Warszawa 2001
Kopaliński W., Słownik mitów i tradycji kultury, Warszawa 1993
Korolko M., Słownik kultury śródziemnomorskiej w Polsce, Warszawa 2004
Mała encyklopedia kultury antycznej, red. Z. Piszczek, Warszawa 1983
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: