Archaeology of barbarian Europe from the Bronze Age to the Migration Period of Iron Age 2800-DPEU
Proseminar takes the “combined” form, i.e. part of the course is devoted to train the use of scientific workshop (with assumed high interactivity with the participants). However, most of the class hours are for participants to present papers on given topics and to discuss those presentations. Topics, both BA thesis and papers, are set individually with each of the participants; range of subjects covers the whole Bronze and Iron Ages (up to 6th century AD), and so the pre- and protohistoric periods in barbarian Europe. During the course special emphasis is placed on practicing the skills of archaeological analysis needed to prepare the BA thesis.
Type of course
- the ability to carry out scientific analysis of archaeological data,
- the ability to prepare and give a speech and a paper presentation,
- preparation of a proper BA thesis (general purpose).
- preparing for classes and activity,
- paper presentations (minimum 2 per year),
- annual work (for those who do not write the BA thesis in this proseminar).
Literature is selected individually, depending on the given topics of BA thesis and papers.
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: