Organizing the internship
• According to the standards of education the full-time first-cycle student is obliged to complete internship during the studies. The participation in an internship is a precondition for graduating.
• The internship should last at least three weeks, 120 hours.
• The student is awarded 3 points ECTS after completing the internship.
• It is advised that the internship is undertaken in companies (as well as own business activity), public administration units, non-governmental organizations, EU institutions, hereinafter “Company/Institution” - which character is compatible with the field of studies’ profile. The internship may also be completed abroad, especially as a part of the European Union program or in case of non-PL students.
• Students may decide to complete the internship in the companies or institutions of their choice.
• Students choose from the offer indicated by the Plenipotentiary or in the electronic data base prepared by the University Office of Professional Development (BZPA–www.biurokarier.uw.edu.pl)
The forms of internships are following:
• The internship in the organized form – student benefits from the offer available at the University Office of Professional Development website;
• The internship in the individual form - student starts the process of signing the agreement with a company or institution, the Faculty takes the professional and organizational control over the conditions of the internship;
• The employment on the basis of contract for the period of at least 1 month in a Company/Institution on a position compatible with the profile of the field of study;
• Student’s own business activity;
• Activity organized by the University, which lets achieving the internship’s objectives compatible with the field of study:
• doing projects as a part of activity of students scientific involvement;
• taking part in the scientific-research, or preparatory works, or projects;
• implementation of didactic simulation projects which refer to business activity.
Type of course
The objectives of the students’ internship are especially:
• broadening knowledge gained during the studies and making use of it,
• familiarizing with the professional environment,
• shaping the professional skills resulting from the specificity of the company where the internship is held,
• shaping the skills of effective communication in the organization,
• learning about the organization structure, conditions, divisions, procedures, processes, work planning, control,
• improving personal and group skills, time management skill, sense of responsibility for the tasks assigned,
• improving the language skills in professional situation.
S1A_WO2, S1A_WO6, S1A_WO7, S1A_W11; S1A_UO2, S1A_U06, S1A_U11; S1A_KO2, S1A_KO3, S1A_KO5.
The terms of completing the internship
The student should: a) before the beginning of the internship: get familiar with the rules of completing the internship, obtain the Plenipotentiary’s acceptance for the form, program and the term of internship; b) after the end of internship and before graduating: provide the Plenipotentiary, within the time indicated by the Faculty, with the obligatory and agreed documents confirming the completion of the internship, its character, conditions, etc.; fill the final report and evaluate internship’s usefulness in terms of gaining professional skills. Student is obliged to organize the internship in accordance to the program.
The Plenipotentiary awards the student with credits for the internship completed on the basis of the documents presented by the student. To complete the internship it is necessary: a) to perform the best of her/his ability to complete the program indicated in the agreement, b) to deliver appropriate documents/statements/reports confirming participation in the activities, achieving the goals of internship, c) to present the report of the progress and evaluation. The internship is formally accepted when the Plenipotentiary completes the final step, assign grade, accordingly to the University rules.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: