Business informatics 2400-IiE2IG
1. Business informatics – an introduction. 2. Information infrastructure of modern economy. Strategical information systems in economy, and in the country. 3. Information system applications in enterprises. Management Information Systems – typology, characteristics and evolution. Decision Support Systems (DSS) and Expert Systems. Artificial Intelligence Systems. 4. Integrated Management Information Systems. MRP and ERP Systems. 5. Evolution and models of electronic market structures. Electronic markets. 6. Sharing economy. Internet as global electronic market. 7. Distance working and services. Crowdsourcing and crowdfunding. 8. Efficiency of investments in IT. Measuring IT effectiveness. 9. Information and infrastructural resources in enterprises. Disaster recovery methods.
Type of course
The course increases competency of participants on labour market, given theoretical and practical background in methods of business informatics
KW01, KW02, KW03, KU01, KU02, KW03, KK01, KK02, KK03
The evaluation of learning outcomes achieved by a student is done through a written exam.
1. Wrycza St., Business informatics. PWE, Warsaw 2010 (in Polish).
2. Edition: Business Informatics Studies. Nowy Dziennik / Difin, Warsaw 1999-2009 (in Polish).
3. Kisielnicki J., MIS. Management Information Systems. Placet, Warsaw 2008 (in Polish).
4. Oleński J., Infrastruktura informacyjna państwa w globalnej gospodarce. WNE UW, Warszawa 2006.
6. Dziuba D.T., Crowdsourcing w kształtowaniu elektronicznych rynków pracy. Nowy Dziennik, Warszawa 2012.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: