PASK-The basics of knowledge on socio-cultural animation 2300-MS1-PAS-PWASK
1. Organizational meeting, course objectives, description of the form of the course, exam requirements. Planning class topics with consideration of students' areas of interests.
2. Animation - genesis. Etymology, socio-cultural conditions, key events and processes. World and Polish precursors.
3. Animation - definitions. Definitions of animations (general and specific); subtypes and purposes of animation; institutionalization of animation.
4. Animate creational concept of a human.
5. An Animator - a role, a profession or a mission? Animation styles. Animators' activities - types and models.
6. Animation method. Techniques, methods and means of group animation. "Medical" and "interventionist" models. What are the advantages of working in a group?
7. Animation in practice. Types of animation institutions. Institutions supporting and initiating animation projects.
8. Animation at school.
9. Animation activities in the world.
10. Animation project. Evaluation.
Type of course
- student knows the source, philosophical and historical background of social and cultural animation. Student can indicate what kind of social function an animator could have and what is the context of this type of work
-student can characterize the social and cultural animation and discuss the main dilemmas of the field. Student can answer questions about his idea of working as an animator.
Personal and social competences:
Student is ready to try to work as an animator, can identify main ideas in different animation projects
M. Kopczyńska, Animacja społeczno-kulturalna, (Social-cultural animation),
B. Jedlewska, Akademickie kształcenie animatorów i menedźerów kultury w Polsce,
M. Mendel (red.), Animacja współpracy środowiskowej,
K. Hrycyk (red.), Animacja społeczno-kulturalna wobec przemian cywilizacyjnych. Animacja - animator i jego kształcenie, (Social-cultural animation towards civilization changes, Animation - animator and their education)
J. Gajda, Dylematy animacji kulturalnej, (Dilemmas of cultural animation)
K. Hrycyk (red.), Konteksty animacji społeczno-kulturalnej (Contexts of social-cultural animation),
D. Jankowski, Pedagogika kultury,
G. Godlewski i in. (red.), Animacja kultury,
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: