MS1-Educational forms of supporting adult development 2300-MS1-AND-L-EFW
The aim of the course is to familiarize students with concepts, methods and tools that enable educational support for adult development.
Psychology of adult human development.
Social support - what it is and whether we need it. Ways of defining, types, sources of support.
Methods of setting goals - setting priorities.
Coaching / mentoring / tutoring.
A new look at happiness -training the development of well-being.
Training / workshops / trainings.
Time and its impact on human functioning.
Type of course
- knows the training methods used in educational work with adults and knows how to adapt them to the client;
- knows the differences between the course, training and workshop, as well as mentoring, coaching and tutoring;
- knows the concepts of planning (setting priorities, creating a plan, setting a goal).
Skills: the student
- creates plans for educational development taking into account individual needs;
- is able to select and apply methods of work with an individual and group client, adequate to the educational requirements;
- distinguishes particular types of temporal orientations and is able to determine their general impact on the way of client's planning.
- appreciates the need for lifelong learning;
- effectively cooperates with the team;
-is able to manage his own educational and professional development in a planned way.
Attendance (two unexcused absences allowed) and completion of two Final works.
Z.Pietrasiński, Rozwój człowieka dorosłego, cz.III. Czy człowiek dorosły powinien być ekspertem w sprawach własnego rozwoju? Warszawa 1990.
A.Marianowska, Pomiędzy adolescencją a dorosłością - koncepcja emering adulthood Jeffreya J. Arnetta, „Edukacja Dorosłych”, nr 1 r.2013.
K. Appelt, Środkowy okres dorosłości. Jak rozpoznać potencjał dojrzałych dorosłych [w:] Psychologiczne portery człowieka, Praktyczna psychologia rozwojowa, A.I. Brzezińska (red.), Gdańsk 2005.
M.E.P. Seligman, Pełnia Życia, Poznań 2011, s. 115- 140.
J. Boyd, P.Zimbardo, Paradoks czasu, Warszawa 2009, s. 16-26, 186-205.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: