MD/EM Art in Internet 2300-MD/EM-SZ
The course is dedicated to the students of master day studies specializing in Media Education, Artistic Faculty. The course focuses on extinguishing general art knowledge, it helps participate actively in both old and modern art.
- Internet – new space of artistic expression
- What is art? Historical and modern approach. Definition of art
- Basic definitions: Esthetical experience, Beauty, Form
- About sharing, popularisation and making art accessible on the internet: Museums and galleries, Libraries – scripts, manuscripts, etc., Music resources – scripts, records, instruments.
- Virtual galleries and museums: Google art project, Holoit
- Traditional collage versus digital collage – creative activities.
Type of course
After finishing the course students can:
- name basic art concepts;
- present different definitions of historical and modern art
- critically interpret different pieces of art;
- Interlock an artistic comment with the main problems of the modern man and modern culture
- discuss basic forms of modern artistic expression;
- explain what net art is and present some art projects on the internet;
- describe and evaluate the content of internet websites of the biggest cultural and educational institutions (like museums, galleries and libraries) and use that knowledge to prepare teaching materials;
- feel free talking about trends in art and modern culture,
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: