Biocomputer Science 1400-216BINF
1. Introduction to bioinformatics. Databases for molecular biology and biotechnology- review.
2. Basic operations. Searching databases with keywords.
3. Alignment of two nucleotide/protein sequences. Searching databases Rusing sequence as a query..
4. Multiple sequence alignment. Analysis of protein familie, family representations, profile searches.
5. Sequence motifs. Motifs of sequence familie, sorting signals, sequences controlling gene expression.
6. Finding coding and non-coding DNA regions.
7. Molecular evolution
8. Sequence Retrieval System .
9. PDB structural database. Molecular graphics.
10. Modelling protein structures.
11. Tools available online.
12. Solution of exemplary, complex problem
Type of course
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: