Spatial Information Systems 1400-215SIP
The classes will contain a short introductory presentation for the core practical part.
Thematic scope of the course:
• databases: data types, normalization, relations, data quality,
• basics of cartography, digital maps: coordinate systems, projections, types of GIS data,
• GIS software: commercial (ArcGIS) and OpenSource (QGIS) - overview and comparison of functionalities and usage range,
• creating geodatabases: types and formats of GIS databases, importing and transformation of data,
• making maps and data visualization: work with layers, object attributes, data edition, classification based on attributes, using symbology for proper presentation of map content,
• data analysis: spatial and attribute-based data selection, generalizations, using relations and joins, summaries in different aspects and spatial scales.
Main fields of studies for MISMaP
Type of course
(in Polish) w sali
(in Polish) zdalnie
The assessed skills will be connected with processing and elaboration of maps, both in terms of technique and content. The final exam will have a form of a set of tasks divided into importing, processing, analysis and presentation of data.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: