Designing and reporting of results of geological works in economic geology 1300-OPDGZ4CW
Lectures are the link between the knowledge characterizing the mineral deposit as a natural object and methodological knowledge required in the development (creating) the documentation of the geological works - the designing and conducting of investigations aimed at identification of the geology, in particular prospecting for and exploration of mineral deposits. Lectures program includes basic methods of the performance of geological works with the aim of discovery and preliminary documentation of resources of mineral deposits. The detailed requirements for documentation of mineral deposits are discussed in relation to regulations and legal obligation of Polish Low. The lectures are especially helpful for those students wishing to work in the widely understood sector of mineral raw materials.
Type of course
After mastering the knowledge conveyed within the course the student:
- knows the procedures and requirements of the formal and legal documentation methods applied in preparation of geological documentation (reporting) of geological works;
- knows the methodology of compiling a geological documentation in accordance with the Polish Geological and Mining Law;
- is able to make the characteristics of geological data necessary for:
a) definition (recognition) of the mineral deposit
b) documentation the geological conditions of a mining operation
- is able to select the most favorable methods of estimating resources of the deposit;
- determine the design parameters necessary for resources (reserves) estimation of a mineral deposit;
- verifies assessed the quantitative and qualitative parameters characterizing the deposit based on current economic viability criteria;
- defines the category and type of estimated mineral resources in accordance with the standards of Polish Geological and Mining Law.
- is able to estimate the economic usefulness documented deposit.
Test (written) - positive assessment after obtaining min. 50% of the points for correct answers.
correction test ‒ positive assessment after obtaining min. 50% of the points for correct answers.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: