The lecture is designed to acquaint a student with:
- physicochemical characteristics and components present in natural waters;
- forms (speciations) of water components;
- basic information about natural waters chemistry in particular hydrosphere reservoirs;
- main processes responsible for creating the chemical composition of natural waters;
- main types of geogenic and anthropic water pollutions.
Type of course
After completing the lectures a student:
- knows the basic information related to physicochemical characteristic and chemical composition of natural waters in different reservoirs
- knows the main processes responsible for creating the chemical composition of natural waters
- knows the main origin of natural waters pollution.
Written examination covering the range of issues from lectures and exercises.
Requirements on the exam:
- knowledge of the material presented in the lectures,
- knowledge of the literature indicated by the lecturer,
- the knowledge gained from the exercises.
The lecture ended with a written exam (to take the exam, the student must have a positive assessment of the exercise).
The subject is credited after obtaining more than 50% of the sum of points possible to obtain from the written exam.
In case of failure to pass the lecture on the 1st date, second date of the written examination is conducted.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: