Intellectual property rights- basic course 1200-1WLINTW1
The course includes the most relevant issues in the field of intellectual property rights like:
- general issues and basic terminology in the field of intellectual property rights,
- division of intellectual property rights,
- copyright issue - are we allowed to copy books? How to exploit research results and scientific publications according to the law?
- personal rights to works,
- patent, patent claims - requirements for patent protection,
- patent information - sources of information, databases, patent searches,
- practical examples of patent protection,
- way of dealing with a new invention,
- rules in patent law relevant in the academic environment,
During the course, students will be informed about other courses in the field of intellectual property rights available at the University of Warsaw.
Type of course
The assumed learning outcomes of the course are:
- the ability to identify correctly various intellectual properties
- have knowledge about various possibilities of IP protection
- have knowledge about the rights and obligations for UW student according to the internal university regulations
- be aware of the paths to be taken in the case of IP infringements
Passing is positive after exceeding the threshold of 50% of good answers in a single choice test.
If improvement is needed - it will be in the form of an oral answer.
Does not concern
1. Marek Łazewski, Ochrona własności intelektualnej - podstawy, UOTT UW, Warszawa 2008
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to many study programmes:
- Inter-faculty Studies in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- Chemistry, full time 3 year programme leading to Bachelor's Degree
- Physics, full-time, first cycle programme
- Bachelor's degree, first cycle programme, Computer Science
- and others...
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: