Intellectual property and entrepreneurship 1100-4AF13
The course will include an essential introduction supported with multimedia presentations: slide show, films, and discussion. An integral part of the course will be workshops carried out in project groups, e.g., techniques of creative thinking , business presentation, negotiations, rapid prototyping. Course will also include meetings with stakeholders of innovative entrepreneurship: representatives of technology transfer centers, entrepreneurs and participation in innovative society events e.g. Boomerang .
Development of skills :
- Communication, negotiation and teamwork in group with diverse knowledge and personalities
- Creative thinking through the use of techniques of design thinking, brainstorming, rapid prototyping
- Searches for a potential customer for innovative productrs/services and a quick verification of the prototype with the target group
- Identification and assessment of the target market for innovation,
- Development of the business presentations,
- Ability of material selection for presentation and its critical analysis based on the literature and available databases.
Students will learn:
- Introduction to the Law on Copyright
- Agreement of the presentation method of and the means of expression to the type of presentation
- "Golden rules" of effective presentation, communication and discussion
- Design thinking
- Rapid prototyping
- Market assessment
- Business presentation for the investor
- Product/service assessment at various stages of project work.
- SWOT analysis
- Definitions of entrepreneurs and enterprises, spin-off/spin-out enterprises
- Innovative entrepreneurship and competitive advantage,
- Product life cycles
- Financing stages of innovation / spin-off companies
- The university as an support unit for new companies, professional incubators, academic incubators and technology parks, technology transfer network
Learning the bases of innovative entrepreneurship and intellectual property protection. Ability to work in a group, the effective use of modern techniques for search of innovative solutions.
Student can choose activity and semester project or test or knowledge.
A. Pomykalski A Zarządzanie innowacjami PWN Warszawa 2001
K. Matusiak Innowacje i transfer technologii PARP, Warszawa 2005
K. Matusiak, Budowa powiązań nauki z biznesem w gospodarce opartej na wiedzy, SGH, 2010
A. Jasinski, Zarządzanie wynikami badań naukowych, WZ UW, 2011
.J. Czupał, Ekonomika innowacji, AE we Wrocławiu. Wrocław 1994.
A.H. Jasiński, Innowacje i transfer techniki w gospodarce polskiej, WUB, Białystok 2000
J. Guliński, Berenika M. Marciniec, Innowacje: podaż, popyt, instrumenty transferu,finansowanie, Wydawnictwo Poznańskie, Poznań 2000
B.Glinka, P.Henset, Innowacje,WNUW, , Warszawa 2004
Communication, negotiation and teamwork
A. Kraśniewski, „Teaching Technical Communication - Unexpected Experience”, in Proc. Int. Conf. on Engineering Education, Oslo, August 2001
A. Kraśniewski, „New Concepts in Teaching Technical Communication”, in The Renaissance Engineer of Tomorrow, Proc 30th SEFI Conf Firenze Sept 2002
Przedmiot „Techniki Prezentacji”Proc. Annual Conf., Firenze, Sept. • W. Murzyn, „Presentation skills training for good engineers who are poor communicators: How to help somebody who doesn’t want help?”, in FORUM 2003 – Int. Technical CommunicatorsConf., Milan, July 2003•
A. Kraśniewski, W. Murzyn, „Promotion of Engineering in Society: New Ideas in Teaching Technical Communication”, in Engineering Education at the Cross-Roads of Civilizations, Proc.33rd SEFI Annual Conf., Ankara, Sept. 2005
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
- Astronomy, second cycle programme
- Applications of Physics in Biology and Medicine, second cycle programme
- Physics, second cycle programme
- Interdisciplinary studies, Nanostructures Engineering, second cycle programme
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: