Probability theory 1000-712bRPR
- https://moodle.mimuw.edu.pl/course/view.php?id=717 (term 2020Z)
Probability theory: overview of discrete models of probability theory, Markov chains, the simplest continuous distributions, the law of large numbers and the central limit theorem, elements of information theory.
Learning outcomes, skills and competences.
The students are acquainted with basic methods ot the probability theory, allowing for practical applications in their further education.
Type of course
The student has knowledge of basic methods of the probability theory, in particular:
1. They know basic discrete and continuous models of probability theory.
2. They know fundamental probability distributions and their properties.
3. They know basic limit theorems (Poisson theorem, central limit theorem) and they are able to apply them in practical problems to determine the probabilities of events.
4. They know and understand the notion of a Markov chain.
Rachunek Prawdopodobieństwa dla (Prawie) Każdego - Jakubowski Jacek, Sztencel Rafał, SCRIPT Wydawnictwo, 2006 [in Polish]
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: