Structure and properties of key low molecular weight compounds (amino acids, sugars, nucleotides, lipids, secondary metabolites) and macromolecules (proteins, nucleic acids, polysaccharides), elements of enzymatic catalysis, kinetics of enzymatic reactions, main metabolic pathways, elements of bioenergetics.
Type of course
After completing the course, the student:
1. Understands the structure and properties of the basic types of biological macromolecules and their components (K_W04 Bl1).
2. Understands the importance of experimental work in the field of biochemistry, and knows the principles on which the basic biochemical techniques are based (K_W15 Bl1).
3. Applies basic biochemical techniques (K_U1 Bl1).
4. Can analyze the results obtained with the use of biochemical methods (K-U04 Bl1)
5. Demonstrates the ability to work in a team in a biochemical laboratory (K_K07 Bl1).
Classes are credited if the student:
- participated in at least 85% of the sessions (meetings),
- worked during the classes in a way that allows to positively assess the knowledge, skills and social competences obtained during the classes,
- passed the final test.
Conditions for passing the exam (course):
The condition for admitting to the exam is passing the classes.
The exam is in writing (test); the material constituting the content of the lectures is assessed.
Information on level of this course, year of study and semester when the course unit is delivered, types and amount of class hours - can be found in course structure diagrams of apropriate study programmes. This course is related to the following study programmes:
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: