European studies (S1-EUSE)
(in Polish: Europeistyka – studia europejskie, stacjonarne, pierwszego stopnia)
first cycle programme
full-time, 3-year studies
No description for the programme.
Access to further studies:
1 Key learning outcomes:
Graduate of the first degree
• have a basic knowledge about the types of political ties, economic, social and cultural rights in Europe,
• know historically and geographically variable position of Europe,
• know the common foundations of the civilization of Europe and understands the cultural diversity of European countries,
• recognizes the interdependence between peoples and countries of Europe,
• is able to analyze the causes and development of political, social, economic and cultural processes in Europe,
• reads and interprets own literature in the social sciences and humanities,
• is able to illustrate the problems discussed giving examples from contemporary European reality,
• can integrate knowledge from different fields in order to find solutions to problems,
• is prepared to initiate and actively participate in the work of interdisciplinary teams,
• is aware of the cultural diversity in Europe and the importance of European culture in the world.
The dimension of study in ECTS: 180; number of semesters: 6
3 Standards of Teacher Education: not applicable.
4 Number of credits per course:
• basic sciences: 21 ECTS credits,
• practical (laboratory and project classes): 22 ECTS credits,
• modular choose 54 ECTS credits.
5 Internships: mandatory, 120 hours, 4 ECTS credits.
The study program provides 120-hour practices, for which students receive 4 ECTS credits. The practice can be done in businesses, units of government, local government, social institutions, educational institutions, health care, culture, research institutions or other entities, if the nature of the practices undertaken by students will be compliant to the field of study. Apprenticeships also include participation in projects, which are initiated and organized by the University of Warsaw. The aim of the practice is the realization of two directional learning outcomes: K_U10 - integrates knowledge from various disciplines to find solutions to problems; K_K03 - is able to work and adapt in international environments, especially in environments of European companies and institutions.
Course structure diagram:
|Abbreviations used in tables:|
lect - Lecture
wyk_kon - Participatory lecture
cl - Class
kon - Seminar
c - Pass/fail
e - Examination
g - Grading