(in Polish) Matematyka z Mathematicą i Wolfram Alpha 1000-1M13MWA
The classes will be held at MIMUW in the form of blended learing with emphasis on e-learning. The students will have access to the computer laboratory, Mathematica and Wolfram|Alpha. The students will receive lecture notes, problems sets and audio-video materials for self-learning in the computer laboratory (which has Mathematica and internet access). The introductory and final classes (for presentations of the projects) will be held in the computer laboratory.
A workshop with a number of invited speakers is planned in mid-term. The aim is to show the use of Mathematica in different areas of science, technology and economy.
Type of course
Knowledge. The student knows the fundamentals of the Mathematica language, knows which build-in functions to use to solve standard problems of mathematical analysis, algebra, statistics, differential equations and others. The student knows how solve less common problems by simple programming. The student understands how Wolfram|Alpha functions and how it is related to Mathematica. The student recognizes situations in which the output of computer evaluations must be re-checked by another independent method.
Skills. The student will be able to use modern technology to solve mathematical problems. In particular, the student
1. can formulate the content of a theorem from a lecture or a seminar in the form which is useful for symbolic or numeric computations or graphical vizualization;
2. can compute in Mathematica and create interactive graphical visualisations;
3. can expreriment with computations in Mathematica using theoretical facts from lectures or tutorials;
4. can use Mathematica or Wolfram|Alpha to write scientific papers or master, doctor thesis etc;
5. can expand the knowledge by using Mathematica documentation and other sources in the internet.
Exam, to test the knowledge and skills acquired during the course and original project in Mathematica utilising learned tools and techniques.
Additional information (registration calendar, class conductors, localization and schedules of classes), might be available in the USOSweb system: